Infrared Heater Marking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a far infrared glass panel heater which is mounted on the wall. Over the last few days I have noticed it has started to become marked on the inside under the glass. What could this be? The unit isn’t wet or anything, still works and no smells. I’m a bit worried however that it’s now dangerous and it’s just outside the warranty period.

What’s happened to it? Should I stop using it and replace it - “feels” like I have too.

They’re about £250 so I want to think there’s a quick fix, but honestly I know it’s probably had its time.

Attachments

• 5E2FFDF0-26F3-4FB6-9D79-45206A2382C8.jpeg
    5E2FFDF0-26F3-4FB6-9D79-45206A2382C8.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
They were not the most helpful, in all honesty. Effectively they said it looked “damaged” and said they wouldn’t help with “accidental damage” even if it was within warranty.

Sort of nonsense as this things been on the wall for 18 months. It’s approx 5 feet off the ground where it starts. It’s close to the corner of the room. There’s nothing close to it, we don’t go in that corner as furniture sort of makes it awkward. It’s not moved, it just started showing initially a few minor sort of lines, then they “spread.”

I’ve a feeling it might have been a sort of hairline crack, which perhaps has always been there, and it’s become a bigger more visible issue with usage over the very cold weeks.

The first two I got arrived smashed by the courier. So I got two more, sent back the first two. They seemed ok, but you never know, especially when they use evri-ones favourite courier :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back