Inhibitior Spitting Back Out Of Radiator.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I've jut changed a rad, with the system all drained, I take the bleed vent off and use my little homemade funnel (hep pipe, ptfe and a 22mm to 15mm compression reducer :))

Anyhow when I pour the inhibitor down into the funnel it will spit back out of the radiator (the same bit where it is going in).

If I really push the funnel in with a load of ptfe round it so nothing can escape it will just come back up the funnel, I tried taking the Blank off the other side so air could get out as I'm pouring it in, then it just started pi$$ing out that side :confused:

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
It would only come out of the other side if the rad is full of water!

You need to drain the rad before pouring the inhibitor in.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If its completely empty and not blocked on the verticals then how would you explain the inhibitor coming out of the other end rather than flowing down to the bottom?

Tony

I really dont know I was really puzzled but I hadnt even started filling the system back up.

It happened to me again a while back when I was flushing my aunty's system, I drained it completely and then when it was empty I tried putting inhibitor in the top rad in the loft conversion and it was doing the same thing :confused:

I had to put it in the towel rail as it's just a big hole that I can tip it in, not that I mind doing that but I was just curious to it spitting back out of rads.

If you have a filling loop then Fernox Express is magical stuff :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back