Inhibitor dosing device?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m likely to be making multiple changes to my four zone heating system over the coming months and wondered if there’s an easy way to keep re dosing the system. I was considering an open tundish and valve to allow for easy dosing?

something similar to below?

Attachments

• F1712486-DDA6-467B-AE72-6DB1B1F79D72.png
    F1712486-DDA6-467B-AE72-6DB1B1F79D72.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 47
Sponsored Links
I’m likely to be making multiple changes to my four zone heating system over the coming months and wondered if there’s an easy way to keep re dosing the system. I was considering an open tundish and valve to allow for easy dosing?

something similar to below?
Do you mean dosing with inhibitor? If so, why? It only needs checking every year or so and top up then if required.
But your idea doesn't work. When you open the valve water will flow out of the system and overflow the tundish.

I'll ask the obvious question - Is the system an open vented system (F&E tank in loft), or a closed system.

I'll ask the obvious question - Is the system an open vented system (F&E tank in loft), or a closed system.
It makes no difference. The only way the tundish would not be under pressure is if it's open vented and the tundish is above the F/E tank level. Then the valve isn't needed! Since the circulating pipework doesn't go through the loft, there would need to be a vertical pipe to the circuit, which complicates the dosing regime. And that's assuming "re-dosing" is advisable.

Sponsored Links
Sealed system. Idea is to release pressure and drain a small amount off and open valve and use to fill with inhibitor (highest point in the system). Reason is I will be making many changes to the system and inevitably draining and refilling the system many times over.

Sealed system. Idea is to release pressure and drain a small amount off and open valve and use to fill with inhibitor (highest point in the system). Reason is I will be making many changes to the system and inevitably draining and refilling the system many times over.
Do you have a Magnaclean or similar, or thinking of fitting one? I open mine once a year to clean, take a water sample for a bright wire nail test, and add inhibitor if needed.

Some magnetic filters enable you to add inhibitor. If you have one, worth checking or adding one if not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back