Inside of letter slot v ugly

Sponsored Links
Brass letter flap from any DIY or hardware shop.

Or plastic slightly cheaper.

Also reduces draughts.

line it with some thin ply,then put some small architrave round it. ;)

Sponsored Links
i found this online £9.90 inc p+p

6gbkhw.jpg

no idea how it will fix in place though. do i just drive screws into the door,
through holes on the left and right of the plate, then fit the fancy screw covers? god I hate DIY. lol.

That one is a draught excluder not a flap. The postman is supposed to push your letters through the brushes. Pizza junkmail will just get jammed there.

Try ebay. "Inner letter flap"

Check the measurements carefully to see that the screwholes will be outside the slot in your door.

yep

they hinge on little pivot pins at the sides, so the plastic ones tend to break. Metal ones are fine. You can put a little bit of rubber draught excluder on the door at the side (not on the metal flap where letters will rub it off) if it rattles.

A problem I can see is the 2 bolts coming in, from the front letter flap. Might get in the way of a rear one.

measure them.

They are studs screwed into sockets on the back of the letterplate, you can unscrew them if you want, and fit slightly shorter screws, or cut off the excess stud that protrudes beyond the nut. Some people countersink the screw heads or chisel out a pocket, though there is no need if they are neat.

The internal flap does have a bit of space behind it.

from the back (the inside face of the door).

A problem I can see is the 2 bolts coming in, from the front letter flap. Might get in the way of a rear one.
Brush strip is normally long enough to cope with bolt head as it's extra long to fit majority of doors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back