Inspection camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got one? seen someone use it and thought that would come real handy! The flexible camera will give you live footage of whats going on under floorboards behind walls etc, save you ripping up walls and floor just to take a peak. Would be an extravagant tool to buy but its a cool gadget too! :cool: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
We got a milwaukee on trial from our wholesalers for a day.

It was rubbish. You cant work out what you're looking at, or where you are supposed to be pointing the camera.

Also, the white balance was rubbish. If you're looking in an underfloor void it's too dark, and if you're looking at something up close, it's too bright and doesn't focus properly.

Oh and you can't see the screen in sunlight.

But apart from that :LOL:

I'm sticking with a torch and a mirror.

Save your money and buy a self levelling laser level. They actually work, and save you a boat load of time. Best thing I've bought in ages.

Save your money and buy a self levelling laser level. They actually work, and save you a boat load of time. Best thing I've bought in ages.

Hi RF - you obviously like your new laser level - I like mine to. But do you have to get it into every post. lol :rolleyes:

Endoscopes are a different story - you can only trial and see what works for you - so many types and applications, from looking inside a cavity wall to looking inside a human body cavity for surgery or looking inside an engine cylinder through spark plug hole - you just need to choose the right one for the applcation. You can find one that works if you need to.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the input guys! Always thought those self levelling laser levels were a bit of a gimmick though! ;)

would be nice but can't justify the expense.

Usually in most homes the boards are loose at least tongue is cut where the previous work was accessed from. Lift one and stick your mobile down there take a shot.

Cheers for the input guys! Always thought those self levelling laser levels were a bit of a gimmick though! ;)

I bought a PLS laser. It fires both horizontal and vertical beams and has saved us trillions. The beeping detector is extremely useful.

We use it for trench pegging, dpc datum pegs, setting out stud walls (it fires a perpendicular beam completely around the room), setting out joists and rafters, etc.

I paid a premium for a serviceable product which can be re calibrated and back in the van within 48 hrs.

cheers chaps wish this post was on here b4 just bought the milwaukee inspection camera and am awaiting its arrival eagerly.WELL NOT NO MORE :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back