Inspection Chamber - 500mm Round?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from a blocked drain which I have sorted today, I have found an inspection chamber buried under the front lawn.

The chamber is a round 5 entry plastic type (though only 2 of the 5 inlets are actually in use, with blanks in the others. There is a cast iron Hepworth branded cover on top, which measures 500mm diameter which sits on a plastic frame which slides onto the top of the chamber. The top section which acts as the frame for the cover can be removed.

Having destroyed half the front garden in the process, it makes sense to raise the inspection cover to be level with the lawn, rather than relay the lawn over the top and bury it again. I would need to raise it by 3-4 inches to achieve this.

I have been able to find chamber risers online in both 450mm and 470mm fittings however I can't find anything in 500mm. I believe this would have been installed in the early 90's so it doesn't feel old enough to be at the point where nothing compatible can b found anymore.

Am I likely to be able to get hold of anything to fit this?

Sponsored Links
I had assumed it would be a similar size to the inspection cover but having removed both the cover and the plastic frame today and measured properly, the chamber looks to be 470mm internal diameter and 480mm external. I hadn't appreciated yesterday that it was so much smaller than the cover.

Does that mean a 470mm riser should fit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back