Inspection chamber Confusion.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own end of terrace victorian house. I have an inspection chamber at the rear of house which has a concrete cover fitted. I am top of run so nothing else comes in it except my waste water.

Been asked to lower existing ground level due to it bridging dpc slate by air brick.

How can i lower this if i was to go down by 1 foot.i want to concrete the area and put slate there with some acu drain. Should i just break some bricks of I/c casing and then put a new cover flush with the surround ground.

How easy is it to move it and connect it to the existing pipes. Do i need special skills except digging a hole.

Sponsored Links
To lower the chamber, chop off required brickwork and reset cover at appropriate height. Unsure what you mean by 'moving it'?

If your chamber is brick, remove bricks. If your chamber is plastic it will probably be composed of separate rings that you can remove individually.

Unless your chamber is too shallow to meet regulations - then you might have a real ballache

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back