Inspection chamber adapter?

22 Dec 2015
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I need to get a 110mm pipe into my existing inspection chamber. It was built in the 80's and there were apparently common around that time. I've removed a blank and chiselled concrete away but I'm just left with a hole in the plastic. The existing pipe has a nice adapter, but I have no idea if/where I can get one. Any ideas what I can use?

Putting a hole in the brickwork could be an option but it would make everything difficult as it's quite a shallow chamber.

View media item 106290
Sponsored Links
That’s definitely not common at any time, it’s almost like the second half of an old tippler.

I think you will struggle to get the adaptor but could still have the pipe go in there and make a deal with something else.
As Nige has said, a Marscar bowl, think it was Marley who introduced the system, then others followed suit with their versions. Believe they were used a fair bit in some areas of the country, (never seen one round here though), and seem to be universally disliked by all those who now come across them when trying to clear a blocked sewer where these are the means of access....

110mm Marscar Bowl Inlet Connector (
Sponsored Links
Thanks, I couldn't work out what it was. I found an inlet and ordered it, but I paid a lot more than the one Hugh posted a link for :(. At least I should be able to get my pipe in there now.
It could be that they used to be common around here. They probably used them on all the houses on the streets around here when they were built.

The brickwork is pretty awful too :censored:
They were/are available with plastic risers to suit, someone may have been trying to save a few £ and decided bricks were cheaper.
That's the sort of thing we dig up immediately and replace with a plastic IC along with interceptor traps!:cautious:
I've only seen 2 of these in 40 years of inspecting drainage, I've seen more pitch fibre pipes than Marscar bowls.
Looks like they are still available but I've never seen a new installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links