Inspection Chamber Coupling & Size of Chamber

23 May 2017
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I need a drainage coupling to fit a plastic pipe to clay.

Adding in a plastic Inspection Chamber system replacing existing which is connected via clay pipe.

Space will be tight the existing clay pipe is obviously fixed in position so getting the couplings over the pipes when in place will be tough.

What would you suggest? I have used the stepped couplings previously, I wonder if slipping a straight coupling over and sliding back is the best way to overcome the problem? Or is there a better method?

Also, the existing brick chamber has single inlet and outlet with an invert of 75cm. Is a 30cm wide driveway rated chamber OK as a replacement I'm guessing that its just used to rod out?
Sponsored Links
lookup flexseal couplings but why not post of the digging?
I'd use the next size up, you will have better access and less to backfill.

AC4000 band seals will slip over 10cm of plastic pipe then be able to be pushed onto the clay once in position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links