New inspection chamber (sewer)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Is there any problems in using a plastic inspection chamber on a driveway (cars will be driving over) or will I need to build a brick one as my plans state? Also I believe the interconnecting pipes need to be clay and encased in concrete if they are close to surface, would this also apply to the plastic chamber if I were to use one.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't be a problem, Use one with the correct loading rate. Wavin, Marley etc make a good range.
If pipes are close to the surface encase them in concrete or better still lower them and add the appropiate rings to the inspection chamber..

Thanks for reply. I'm stuck with the height, because this new inspection chamber feeds into an existing manhole 10ft away. Would you say I need to encase chamber totally in concrete aswell or just beneath lid?

Sponsored Links
just beneath lid?
Beneath the lid is the access to the drain so you hardly want to put any concrete in there!
Do the sides and base...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back