From what I can see, the RMT:
L= Terminal 1

Where do the N & the Red wire go?

I am guessing N goes to terminal 2, but Red I have no idea

Last edited by a moderator:
N to 4
Other 2 wires to 1&2 doesnt matter which way round, DO NOT put N in 2

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if I've understood your question, because the diagram you posted answers what I think you are asking.

L goes to 1
2.JPG

N goes to 4
1.JPG

So:
RET N = RMT 4 (Neutral)
RET L = RMT 1 (Live)
RET 3 = RMT 2 (Switched Live or ON)

Note: terminals 1, 2 and 3 will all become live at times. Do not connect a neutral to any of them. N is 4 which is why it is well away from the other live terminals.

Last edited:
It appears @AlanLB that you started two threads with the same question, and the mods have now merged them into one. Duplication of posts is against the forum rules and can cause confusion, plus it wastes time, as in this case I answered your question on one thread when it had already been answered on the other.

For future reference, could I kindly sugest that you read the forum rules. Hope you don't mind me mentioning it. :)

It appears @AlanLB that you started two threads with the same question, and the mods have now merged them into one. Duplication of posts is against the forum rules and can cause confusion, plus it wastes time, as in this case I answered your question on one thread when it had already been answered on the other.

For future reference, could I kindly sugest that you read the forum rules. Hope you don't mind me mentioning it. :)
@stem totally agree duplicate posts and Hi-jacking old posts get so confusing, I seen your answer on this one and thought , I said that yesterday, then realised there were 2 posts going on the same thing :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back