1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Install Hive Receiver

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Chris Wilde, 19 Jul 2019.

1. Chris Wilde

Chris Wilde

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Can anyone out there advise how to wire up my hive Receiver? I literally only have two cables plugged into my current thermostat but i’m not sure which they go into on my hive. I have a cable currently plugged into L and CH ON. Any advice would be great, thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. mrStat

mrStat

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sorry. You are looking at the wrong wiring. The Hive Receiver replaces your clock ;)

You will then need to link out and make safe the thermostat wires so the thermostat is effectively always on.

Additionally, you didn’t mention what Hive Receiver it is you are trying to fit. The single or dual channel version.

4. Chris Wilde

Chris Wilde

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I thought it would have gone where my programmable thermostat use to be prior to British Gas replacing it just with a non programmable temperature dial. Is the clock usually located near the boiler itself? Thank you for the reply

5. mrStat

mrStat

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So if this is the single channel version as you had a programmable thermostat, you would normally mount the Hive Receiver next to the boiler as it will need a Live, Neutral and Switched output cable at minimum.

The actual Hive Thermostat will then go in a suitable location like the old thermostat location. Often covering up the old thermostat position as the Hive Thermostat itself is battery powered and has no wiring.

6. Chris Wilde

Chris Wilde

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So further to this we have now established that I was looking at the wrong wiring. Checked the boiler upstairs (See attached pics) I have a grey power cable going into a fused box then a white cable coming out of this fused box into my boiler then a white cable coming out my boiler into the floor which I presume goes to where my thermostat is in my living room (Original pics in the thread)

Is it the white wire that is coming out the boiler into the floor that the receiver gets wired into?

Thanks

Chris

Attached Files:

7. Sponsored Links
  8. martyndc88

martyndc88

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You'll need to wire a 230v power supply into L and N and then the thermostat wires into 1 & 3

9. EFLImpudence

EFLImpudence

Thanks Received:
    Portugal
    upload_2019-7-27_14-10-15.png

• Like Like x 3
  10. mrStat

mrStat

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm seriously loving EFLImpudence's drawing - So pretty!! :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. dilalio

dilalio

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  12. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local