Install Netatmo Thermostat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I purchased the netatmo thermostat and have been trying to install.

Initially I removed my very old wired Mechanical Thermostat in the front room and there were only 2 small white wires connected - I removed the old thermostat and wired up the new one however when turning the heating to off or max temp neither of these stopped or started the boiler so I presume the old thermostat didn't work and to be honest we never really felt the heat change when we used it.

I then looked at the second option of attaching the boiler adaptor directly to my boiler but am really not sure which wires go where as my boiler is very old and is a Potterton Profile 80e.

Would it be possible to take a look at the attached images and please advise.

Attachments

• Boiler Wiring 1.jpg
    Boiler Wiring 1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 243
  • New Adapter Wires.jpg
    New Adapter Wires.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 453
  • Boiler Wiring 2.jpg
    Boiler Wiring 2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Boiler Wiring 3.jpg
    Boiler Wiring 3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 323
  • Old Thermostat.jpg
    Old Thermostat.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 336
Sponsored Links
Not there - the wiring you need to connect to will be in your airing cupboard

Many thanks for the response but the manual tells me to connect directly to the boiler - would this be incorrect?

Attachments

• Manual.jpg
    Manual.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 206
I have just looked in the airing cupboard and the timer I have there is the Honeywell ST699 - would I wire in the netatmo to there instead of the boiler?

Sponsored Links
I have been doing more research and there are 2 ways to make this netatmo system work.

Either by replacing the current wired room thermostat or by connecting the supplied adapter directly to the boiler and using the thermostat as a non wired version.

I have tried the first method of replacing my old satchwell 2251 thermostat with the new digital one but this doesn't seem to be connecting as I only have 2 small white wires coming from the wall and despite connecting these the boiler doesn't turn off when I set temp to zero.

The alternative method is to connect the adapter to boiler but I just can't figure out the wiring. :(

I have just looked in the airing cupboard and the timer I have there is the Honeywell ST699 - would I wire in the netatmo to there instead of the boiler?
Sort of. There'll be a box in there somewhere that the 699 is wired into - you need to de-wire that from the box and wire your Netatmo in instead

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back