install new cu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

got a job installing a dual rcd cu at a bungalow, had a quick look in the loft ect all circuits entering the loft with a 2.5 ringmain well in the insulation all cable are under at least 300mm of insulation

what would you do regarding the mcb size.s ect?

example the 2.5 ring

Sponsored Links
Have you done the calcs for such a circuit, taking into account the insulation?

no just had a quick look but will tomorow, just thought i would c if you guys have had the same proplems?

Sponsored Links
As you are taking responsibility for the installation safety and unless you want limited capacity from reduced mcb size you had better start lifting cables away from the insulation !

Don't worry about lighting circuits, but pay particular attention to such loads as immersion heaters, cookers, showers and probably sockets if your calcs. say so.

Ah - still completely unable to argue the point, kfelec.

Not only are you an incompetent charlatan, you know you are one.

You should be ashamed, but as you don't have an honest bone in your body I don't suppose you are.

i was just asking has anyone else had the same isue i never asked anyone to do a calculation for me, did i :rolleyes:

im not arguing with you as i dont no you.

other lads on here gave me a simple answer, and you just want to start arguing all the time.

so please if i ask advice on here your not welcome to comment

thank you

i was just asking has anyone else had the same isue i never asked anyone to do a calculation for me, did i :rolleyes:
what would you do regarding the mcb size.s ect?
So that's not a request for someone to do a calculation which you should be able to do if you are doing the job?

Please don't think that we are all as hard of thinking as you.

im not arguing with you as i dont no you.
Plus you know you don't have a leg to stand on.

so please if i ask advice on here your not welcome to comment
I'm afraid that you don't have the ability to stop people posting things unless they are what you want to hear.

If you don't want to be criticised when you come here and say "I've taken on a job which I don't know how to do, so can somebody please tell me how to do it so that my incompetence will not be apparent to the person paying me", then don't come here and post things like that.

Better still, don't agree to take on jobs which are beyond your abilities.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back