Installation of socket and light on loft

vw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to install 1 No double socket and light with switch on loft. The detail breakdown below:

Bring the cables through outside building (new consumer unit from downstair has been updated recently). Would it be OK wiring cables from existing consumer unit to loft in stead of installing another in loft?

Pendant fitting and switch

Could someone tell me how much cost for this works including materials and excluding material?

Thanks in advances

Sponsored Links
Do you mean to run the cable up the outside of your house??

If so then you will need to consider, cable type, mechanical protection......

It may be simpler, to take a spur(fused) from your upstairs ring, to you socket and then fused spur yourself a light!!!

Bits and Bats £10 at most.

I believe this would count as a new circuit and so you will need an EIC to cover you

Thank you so much for your help.

In loft, there is light ring and electrical shower cable feed from consumer unit. But there is no socket main ring in loft. I wonder if I can take a spur from electrical shower or light ring.

Thanks

No don't do that!!!!! :eek: either of them :eek:

Lighting circuit is only designed for 6A :eek: Cooker circuit will be well in excess of 20A i would have thought. :eek:

Find the ring final and spur :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back