Installation of toilet...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently bought a new house with a bathroom at the front (no toilet) and a WC at the rear. Waste and SVP are located at the rear of property where is current toilet is.

How hard and expensive will it be to relocate or even install a new toilet to the bathroom at the front of the property? The sink and bath waste was currently going in to the drain at the front of the property, I presume we can't just connect the toilet to this as were not 100% is a sewer drain.

Who do I connect etc...

Sponsored Links
If sink and bath are already going into the drain at the front, then it must be a foul sewer. Connection of these into a surface water sewer is illegal, and if discovered the Water Company can make you reconnect it the foul drain at your expense. You'll need to test it to check, dye test is usual practice, provided you can access the manholes downstream to ensure the dye passes through.

Alternatively, contact the Water Company and ask to see the sewer map.

Thank you Hugh for the advise, much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I am saying must as in those appliances have to be drained to a foul sewer, it doesn't always follow that they are though! Check before making any assumptions, its not unknown for cross connections to be made!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back