Installer fitting wrong alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A bit of an awkward one, I discussed and agreed with an installer to fit a Texecom R8 alarm system - he's done initial cabling and due to return but have just found the panels etc he's about to fit and it's a Honeywell Accenta Mini system. He's a friend of a friend, so it's a bit awkward but he's obviously trying to pull a fly one.

The requirements on the system aren't massive - it's just dial out, a few PIR's and a couple of panic buttons. I've tried reading up about the Honeywell, seems like it's ok but some reliability issues? Other than being, what, a third of the price (?) what would I be loosing over the Texecom?

Why do folk always have to try and screw each other over? :sick:

Sponsored Links
Price is the same ... nothing in the panel price ...not much in the panel spec either .... so I don't see how he can be pulling one on you ?

Sorry, my mistake, it was the Premier24 (which is around 3 times the price?).

Looks like I'd lose at least the key-fob facility? And is the reliability as good as Texecom?

Sponsored Links
No, not yet - I wanted to get some info on if this (Accenta) might be a viable option at a lower price.

The Accenta is a very common basic alarm the sort of an electrician will fit not a proper alarm engineer. Its one of the cheapest systems out there. I wouldn't worry about reliability there is not much to go wrong with them.

I wouldn't bother fitting one myself as you can pick up something like a euro mini for not much more which it far better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back