Texecom Premier after a Honeywell Accenta

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm a DIY'er and have now installed multiple Honeywell Accenta systems.
I've moved into a new place and prefer the Texecom as it provides support for a greater number of PIR's, has nicer keypads and is being suggested as a better product. When I did my research previously, it was suggested that if I can wire a Honeywell, I can wire a Texecom.

Is this really the case?

Can I run all my PIR, sounder, keypad, panic alarm cables back to the control panel and then wire it up there? I ask as I am likely to plaster before it is all wired-up and want to ensure that I haven't overlooked anything.

I was prompted to post this as I read somewhere that the sounder should be wired to the keypads. I hadn't made provision for this as it's not how it works on the Honeywell and if this is the case, I wonder if there is anything else I have overlooked.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Telephone wire / cat 5 if you need text message / IP com , internal sounder / speaker back to panel

Thanks for responding @sparkymarka but that doesn't make much sense. Is the installation similar to the Honeywell or am I overlooking something? Can I wire it on a similar basis? If the speaker requires an alarm cable back to the control panel, that's familiar to me but I read something which suggested that the keypads need to be connected to the speaker.

No they don't , only the large keypad has a speaker output on it , but you don't have to use this . On a premier 24 You can wire normal 4 wire ( alarm pair and tamper pair ) you would have to have a global tamper like the accenta but eol is better as it gives you separate tampers , on a 48 you can do 4 wire separate tamper per zone , aswell as eol

Sponsored Links
Thanks @sparkymarka.
Would the speaker wired to the control panel also play the beeps when setting and unsettling the alarm? My honeywell only played the alarm siren from these internal speakers which meant that i had to listen to the beeps through my letter box when arming the system.

Thanks again. In summary, I need to run my alarm cable from all the "devices" (PIR, Panic alarm, keypads, sirens, relay for smoke alarm) to the control panel as individual cables and I can then wire them in here. It is no different to a Honeywell system (and others I suspect...) in this respect.
Additionally, I will have a Fused Spur by the control panel for power consumption and a telephone point for the dialler.

Does that cover all the cabling off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back