Installing a beko built in single oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a bit of a small issue and was looking for some advice. I have a 600mm wide cooker unit in a new kitchen, the unit is made of 15mm chipboard so the internal is 570mm.
The new Beko single oven has 2 largish holes at the front, left and right, within these holes are plastic inserts for securing the cooker to the base unit with screws. From centre to centre of these plastic inserts is 575mm so you only have 2.5mm of base unit to put a screw in and so it won't work. Anyone came across this issue before ?, any ideas how to get around it ?. Im thinking of rebating the front edge of the base units and securing a 4mm steel plate each side, then use self tappers to secure the cooker to the steel plates ?.
I think 15mm is normal unit thickness, why they don't have quite a small hole to simply put a small screw through into the base unit, god knows

Sponsored Links
Im not 100% sure but on some built in ovens those plastic inserts may turn round in the housing to give you more of an angle to put a screw into the side of the cabinet.
Any help, just ask.

Chris

The insert has a small ridge along it which allows the insert to lock into a groove in the hole which is in the front of the cooker, i guess its anti rotation.

Sponsored Links
Units usually 18-20mm depending on quality, you can screw in at slight angle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back