Insulation between oven and units?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do kitchen fitting questions go here?

I'm putting in a fridge/freezer quite close to a freestanding gas cooker/oven. Not ideal, as it may make the fridge work harder, but there's really nowhere else for it to go.

I can arrange it so that there's a 30-35cm gap between the two, so I thought of putting in a 300mm base unit as that would give some insulation and provide a small work surface to one side of the cooker.

So, is there any risk from the cooker? (I would guess not, as built in ovens go into B&Q units all the time, but I like to check). Are there any heat resistant boards that could be inserted between the two in these circumstances?

Sponsored Links
There is no problem putting the fridge/freezer adjacent to the oven as you say, although not ideal.
If you have an air gap rather than touching would be good & inserting a piece of insulation board would be a good idea as well as the air gap.
Both appliances are designed to operate with an air flow from front to back (not side to side).

I really wouldnt worry. Domestic ovens have very high levels of insulation now, and the sides dont get very hot. Similarly, modern fridges have very high levels of insulation. Its not really an issue any more. And besides, you dont have your oven on all the time, do you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back