Installing a boiler in new location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Looking for some advice on a new boiler install. Currently my boiler is in a cupboard in the bathroom but looking to move it downstairs into the kitchen as we are in the process of fitting a new one.

My question is regarding the location next to the window and if a flu could be suitably installed due to the extended lintel.

The window used to be a patio door and as such has a much bigger lintel than is required for the new window. Id rather not remove the lintel for a smaller one at this point.

Thanks

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_0651.JPG
    IMG_0651.JPG
    353.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0653.JPG
    IMG_0653.JPG
    411.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0656.JPG
    IMG_0656.JPG
    360.8 KB · Views: 130
Sponsored Links
Where are you planning to fit the boiler? On the blockwork with the sockets on, and the flue exiting under the lintel?

If so, don't see a problem with the top of the core hole half a brick down from the lintel

Sponsored Links
Not with the lintel maybe..... But if you were qualified to work with gas, you might notice the other obvious problem.

Hmmmm...

Well of course the socket may need moving.

I don't have a tape measure to hand but looks like more than 300mm from that openable window...

other than that?

I don't need to mate.

300mm from openable window.
150mm from fixed window.

Sorry if I'm stepping on your toes, posting on your territory, you being an active long term poster and I am not. Is there an initiation ceremony I missed or something?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back