installing a corner bath tub?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've done a search but nothing worthwhile on record.
How would one go about installing a corner bath tub: there are no apparent fixing points below the rim and one fixing wall is block and the other fixing wall is studding and board.
Also the bath panel is extremely difficult to slide in without lifting the bath itself.

Sponsored Links
Put accurately measured battens on the walls.
You often have to lift them on bits of wood on the floor which you remove when in place.

Place your bath panel upright, on floor. Mark height from floor to top of panel on left hand wall. Do same on right hand wall. If distances same, install bath, if one measurement is shorter use the HIGHEST measurement & draw line using a spirit level. Install bath to this level. Normally in an old house this means your floors are running up/down. When you slide in your bath panel you will find it will drop down by a couple of millimetres on one end. Simply pack this end up & add a bit of floor trim. Alternatively, measure one side of bath panel, fit bath to this measurement & cut the panel accordingly.......Naahhhh!! :LOL: :LOL:

Thank you both for your replies. Further, would it be worthwhile to build a frame for the bath panel or merely fix a plate at the floor.
Also, is it typical for corner baths to squeak and feel so unstable?

Sponsored Links
It shouldn`t feel unstable at all if it`s been fitted/ supported correctly. As for squeaking etc, there may be a little, while the bath is settling in. Up to you wether you build frame for panel. Best thing I find is place panel in position, draw around curve on floor, remove panel, subtract the thickness of the panel from your pencil line, place small blocks strategically along the line where you may wish to pin it. Make sure your blocks are cut or filed to follow the natural curve of the bath ( on the front end facing the pencil line) If you don`t & you leave them square, when you come to pin the panel the areas where you have pinned will be obvious & will pull panel out of shape. (for an acrylic panel).If you are gonna use some sort of floor trim, make sure you pin it low enough so when you add the trim, the pins are well hidden. When you are placing panel in position, to draw around the curve on floor, use a spirit level against side of panel to ensure it is not flaring outwards or inwards before you mark out. ( don`t know exact shape of your corner tub, but principles are same ).

traineegasman

Well done m8 you've made 2 useful posts without any of your more usual mischievous antics. I'm sure I speak on behalf of many when I say Keep up the good work.

Bravo :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back