Bath installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone help me please for the first time. I have installed a new bath, everything has gone fine including moving pipes etc. i'm stuck on a small point. The bath I've got has some wooden blocks glued under the rim, to fit the side panel do i remove the blocks so the rim overlaps the panel (i'm worried about damaging the bath) or does the panel butt to the blocks (i'm sure this won't look right)? Hope someone can help.

Sponsored Links
Sorry Marty I'm not too sure what block you're talking about? There's the wooden frame that's stuck to the bath & there may be other small blocks that the cradle are fixed to. If you've got a digi camera, why not post up a photo. As you say the panel should hook in behind the bath at the top fixed to a small batten at the bottom - that's fixed to the floor.

You should have a few chrome looking clips that srew to theses blocks, then the panel sits inbetween these and the bath assuming that iv understood what you mean????

probably need a few batons at base to screw panel to also so its not flapping about everywhere.

Thanks for the help. There are four 2" blocks evenly spaced under the rim that sit flush with the bottom of the rim. Hence i can't fit the top pf the panel under the rim without removing them. I'll try and get a photo on. Marty

Sponsored Links
It's hit and miss with the blocks you are on about they are fitted so the baths can be stacked in to each other, I have bopped them off loads of times with a rubber mallet never had a problem as they are glued on th the fiberglass, if it's a 3mm bath leave them if it's a 5mm bath give them a thump but don't go mad.

Ooer Katie Price is swearing. Norty Katie.

It's**t and miss with the blocks you are on about they are fitted so the baths can be stacked in to each other, I have bopped them off loads of times with a rubber mallet never had a problem as they are glued on th the fiberglass, if it's a 3mm bath leave them if it's a 5mm bath give them a thump but don't go mad.

Can you buy a 3mm Bath???!!! I thought they were 5mm or 8mm acrylic Baths?

Thanks Jordan, the rubber mallet did the trick. Bath and pride still intact.

Marty

Delta t2 yep b and q, Joe it was a typo it was suppose to be hit and miss. Glad it went ok that's fine with the name better than Gordon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back