Bath Installation - How To Prevent Squeaking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm almost ready to fit a new bath to my bathroom. I'm going to put a batten on the 2 walls that the bath will sit against so that it is really secure.

Someone else who did this found that the rim of the bath squeaks when it moves against the battens that it sits on. What can I put between the battens and the rim of the bath to stop this?

Sponsored Links
If the bath already has a batten bonded to it I wouldn't bother. Brackets on the 3 wall corners will keep it steady enough and the sealant will accommodate any movement.

Do the instruction specifically mention you need battens to rest the bath on? Most baths are perfectly ok if the feet are properly installed and the edges silliconed to the wall.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. No the instructions don't mention using battens, but I want to secure it really well. Is securing the feet to the floor and siliconing the sides really enough?

If the instruction say: just feet and silicone, that's what you should do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back