what do you do about the wooden blocks on an acylic bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi My friend wants me to help them replace their bath and he has already bought the new acrylic bath but I notice it seems to have little plywood type blocks fitted under the rim all round about an inch thick or more and they seem really strong, ie it felt like I may damage the bath if I tried to remove it.

As far as I am aware you need to fit a frame up under the bath rim so what should you do about these blocks?

Is there a way to remove them somehow?

Are they there for a reason?

If we only make a frame that fits up to the blocks (there are 3 on each side) then obviously there will be no support offered between blocks, can anybody explain to me what we should do regarding these blocks?

Any advice or help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The blocks are there to support the plastic bath panel, when it is inserted from below. This means you only need to secure the bottom edge of the panel.
John :)

Hi thanks for the reply but is the facing side of the bath not supposed to be supported on a frame, which these blocks are in the way of?

Sponsored Links
Plastic baths often have their own frame which is attached to the base and sides, and the legs bolt to these. Effectively they are self supporting but its vital to follow the instructions to avoid misery later!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back