Installing a Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I need some advice on installing a dishwasher for my gran i was ready to pay Currys £20 to install it but when i looked under my grans sink she doesn't have any connections possible so i have included a photo of her plumbing under the sink and a photo of what trap i think i need to buy any and all advice would be greatly appreciated i have never tried any plumbing before,
Thank you in advance

IMG-20170318-WA0003.jpg
Screenshot_2017-03-18-19-01-16-2.jpg

Sponsored Links
You'll also need one of these. But as there's obviously a washing machine to the right of the sink, you're going to need longer hoses to get into the sink.

Sponsored Links
Take off the existing washing machine valve, and replace it with the double one. Endecotp's suggestion is easier, and cheaper, but I think it adds too much strain to the pipework

So the washing machine connects to the blue side just like the single valve and what is the second valve connection used for?

Thank you @Doggit your advice on using the tee has made it possible for me to contemplate doing it myself.

No Madrab, you were completely right, I picked up the wrong fitting and just didn't realise, so thanks for correcting me. And sorry for confusing you Ethan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back