Installing integrated dishwasher

Sponsored Links
you could connect to it using one of these

60723_P

You will have to trim the pipe back a little to fit it in after the isolation valve though.

There may be other areas on the cold mains where it might be easier to fit it.

Sponsored Links
Nope, that's the sink tap supply, don't need to mess around with that, but you could tee into the pipe below it, the same pipe as the ISO valve but just before it. Is the mains stop tap somewhere in that cupboard too?

Yeah the stop tap is in this cupboard.

So I obviously turn off the mains. But then what? Can’t I just loosen that bronze connector and swap it for a tee?

sorry, I’ve never done anything like this before

Turn off the mains.
You will still have some water in the pipework downstream from stopcock, so open outside tap to allow some of it to escape and have a towel underneath for when you cut into the pipe.
Don't replace the "bronze connector" with the Tee as this is a check valve (non return valve) and needs to be on the supply to the outside tap.
You can put the washing machine tee either on the horizontal pipe that goes to the outside tap (before the isolator) or on the vertical pipe (before the tee to the outside tap).
Beware though that you have at least 2 fixed points and inserting the new washing machine tee may be problematic... Only you will know if you have the wiggle room, we can't tell that from your photos.

I checked myself when I suggested doing it after the isolation valve. Ideally that Isolation valve would be shut off during the winter to stop your outside tap from freezing, so you don't want to slot the vale in after that.

You will need a pipe cutter and couple of adjustable spanner and feel confident then cut out a small section of pipe to the left of that valve, that will allow the appliance valve to be slotted in.

If you're not sure what you're doing though, you may want to get someone in to fit it for you, as you could leave a mains leak just waiting to happen.

Sorry for the delay in replying and thanks so much for your help. Been busy moving into new house.

I have since found that the dishwasher we intend on buying can be hot filled (up to 60degrees).

Would it be easier to connect it someway to the pipe shown below?

This is the hot water pipe from the storage cylinder upstairs.

https://ibb.co/LpVY2XF

No ... not from the areas of the pic you have supplied. Even then that's not the hot water supply but that's another discussion. Don't touch anything that is connected to that (looks like it may be an unvented)hot water cylinder

If you want to take a hot water supply to it then you'll want to find a hot water supply pipe near the dishwasher, it should be in the same area where the cold supply that you were looking at before supplying the hot water at the sink.

Thanks Madrab. I do think it’s the hot water because the pipe is hot and goes up to the hot water tap - but given what you’ve said I won’t touch it.

My apologies @Chriiiiiiiis, just had another look and what looked like the wall of a hot water cylinder, I take it is the back wall of the cupboard (that'll teach me to look properly next time :oops:)

Yes you can take the feed from there but it'll need a bit of work. The valve will need taken off then the appliance valve added and then a short piece of pipe and then the Isolation valve fitted back in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back