Installing an integrated dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am not sure whether this is the correct section but here goes. My integrated dishwasher has packed up and I need a new one.

I have two initial questions, the measurements are sort of standard, do they all come roughly the same size? And do the doors come off the dishwasher that comes with it to replace it with my colour matching kitchen unit door already on the existing dishwasher?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Sponsored Links
The new one should come with brackets to fit to your old door.
The sizes are pretty standard depth of d/washer sometimes is the issue.

HTH

right fella the door to your units fixes to the dishwasher door so everything will look as it is now once replaced.

dish washers come in all sorts of sizes but just measure the opening that you have and you should be able to find 1 to fit no problem

Thanks for the replies, so last question now I have ordered it. Can I install it or do I need a plumber? Surely it's a case of turning the mains water off, unscrewing the old one and taking out and then doing it all in reverse? They are almost exactly the same size

Sponsored Links
Yes, its very basic. Just make sure that the rubber washer is in place where the flexible cold water pipe connects to the valve on the pipework. A new hose might be a good idea if a new one isn't supplied. Make sure you don't kink or crush the flexible pipes when you push the machine into its recess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back