Installing a fire door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I'm looking to install a fire 30 door. Does the frame and hinges need to be fire resistant to meet the fire regulations? I'm struggling to upload pictures on my phone
Thankyou

Sponsored Links
Any individual installing a fire door should be fully trained and competent to do so but don't you need to be FIRAS certified now to fit fire doors?

Sponsored Links
Any individual installing a fire door should be fully trained and competent to do so but don't you need to be FIRAS certified now to fit fire doors?
In theory on a commercial build, yes, but normally joiners install and there is one certified inspector in the company who signs off the work.on completion (a bit like the way electricians or gas fitters work AFAIK)

I'm looking to install a fire 30 door. Does the frame and hinges need to be fire resistant to meet the fire regulations?
The door casing, hinges and any gap filling around the door casing must all meet the regs. In addition the door must be fitted with an appropriate closer and the door or casing must have an intumescent strip fitted. The gapping between the door and casing is regulated (min 2mm, max 4mm round the three sides) and the gap to floor at the bottom may not exceed 4mm at any point when the door is closed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back