Installing a fixed shower head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for some info on installing a Crosswater fixed shower head. It's the kind that has a BSP thread to connect a flexible tap connector on the gooseneck. Nothing that looks to me to be any method of mounting it. Not enough thread to use two nuts to fasten to a plate.

Is it as simple as drilling a tightly sized hole through the tiles and backing boards, pushing the gooseneck through as a friction fit and sealing with silicone? Then attach the tap connector from behind? If so that sounds almost too simple and I'd like to know if I'm missing something...

Sponsored Links
Hi, I know it's a bit old but I was led here by a google search. I'm looking to do the same thing but the elbow is behind aqua board in a stud wall. I was looking to do the same thing re the extension but correct me if I'm wrong, you say to screw the 2nd item into the first. Isn't the male part of the 2nd item 15mm where as the female part of the elbow is 1/2 inch? Don't know much about plumbing so I'm just assuming. :)

Sponsored Links
The "male" part (its the compression part) takes a 15mm pipe but all 15mm compression fittings (these days) have a 1/2"bsp thread. Take the plunge and spend a pound. Then again what would i know after 40 years of doing this shyte :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back