Installing a inspection chamber - Drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I need to install a rat valve on my soil pipe . The house soil pipe is inside the wall of a concrete house. So no access. The soil pipe is cast iron / porcelain .

I have block paving where the soil pipe goes into main drain . To install a rat valve I will first need to get inspection chamber installed .

Now where this gets installed whether that be my private soil pipe drain or on the main drain will depend how much pipe there is on the private soil drain upon digging up .

If it has to get installed on main drain as there is not enough pipe, do I need planning notice or building reg ?

Sponsored Links
Is there a concealed inspection point under your patio ? It would be unusual not to have access at this point for ridding and inspection

Is there a concealed inspection point under your patio ? It would be unusual not to have access at this point for ridding and inspection
No. Property by mine have a man hole every three houses . And non have inspection chambers on the soil stack .

Sponsored Links
Could doing it without either not cause problems in future. ?
I don't know what a rat valve is, so can't comment. Having a correctly installed inspection chamber, where there was once nothing, is always welcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back