installing a power shower

COS ITS AN ELECTRIC SHOWER

a power shower has a built in pump to boost the hot and cold supplies it needs to work (both tank fed)

galletos.gif

Sponsored Links
you must use a higher rate of electric cable cause its law if you have a fault and this causes a fire your house insurance will be void the power supply must be installed be a professional with a breaker switch and separate pull cord
klartyblart said:
Just a quick one - can anybody give me a definitive answer to this.

Does a "power shower" have to have both hot and cold feed?

I think it does, but my friendly B&Q staff say no, the power shower contains both kettle and pump inside the same unit. Why then is the wattage (7.5kw, 8.5kw, etc) never quoted on Power Showers?

I am replacing my old shower and have gravity cold feed only, and 6mm electrical cable, therefore, when buying a replacement, I think I will have to stick to a maximum of 8.5kw ordinary electric shower.

Can anybody shed any light?

thanks
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
If you insist on digging up old threads, then at least get your facts right, because your scaremongering is total tosh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back