1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing a wireless thermostat for glowworm betacom30c

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Paul_de_lamont, 29 Jan 2021.

1. Paul_de_lamont

Paul_de_lamont

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all, my sisters boiler hasn't got a thermostat and needs to be controlled just via the front panel. I recommended to get a wireless stat to try and moderate the house temps. Ive checked the installation manual and it doesn't give state simply were a two would be connected. Am I right to think that fro the diagram below it should just be a case of removing the "safety thermostat for floor standing" bridge wire and wire in here ?? Ive ordered the same thermostat that i have installed and its takes its mains feed from a fused spur
    so doesn't need powering from the boiler. Im happy to mount the receiver and run the wires ready for the gas fitter but i dont want her to be stung £100 for just patching two wires

upload_2021-1-29_9-6-30.png

2. Sponsored Links
  3. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No dont touch that, the stat wires into no 2, 24v RT , but themostat must be a voltage free thermostat.

Has to come from the same circuit as the boiler so the boilers fused spur.

Which thermostat are you fitting ?