Installing a wireless thermostat for glowworm betacom30c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, my sisters boiler hasn't got a thermostat and needs to be controlled just via the front panel. I recommended to get a wireless stat to try and moderate the house temps. Ive checked the installation manual and it doesn't give state simply were a two would be connected. Am I right to think that fro the diagram below it should just be a case of removing the "safety thermostat for floor standing" bridge wire and wire in here ?? Ive ordered the same thermostat that i have installed and its takes its mains feed from a fused spur
so doesn't need powering from the boiler. Im happy to mount the receiver and run the wires ready for the gas fitter but i dont want her to be stung £100 for just patching two wires

upload_2021-1-29_9-6-30.png

Sponsored Links
just be a case of removing the "safety thermostat for floor standing" bridge wire and wire in here ?
No dont touch that, the stat wires into no 2, 24v RT , but themostat must be a voltage free thermostat.

its takes its mains feed from a fused spur
Has to come from the same circuit as the boiler so the boilers fused spur.

Which thermostat are you fitting ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back