Installing built-in microwave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently have a Sharp Combi microwave oven fitted with its built-in kit below a Neff single oven in an oven housing.

I want to re-fit it above the Neff oven. The Sharp blurb says it should not be fitted above an oven, but is not totally clear as to exactly what they mean by that. It will sit on a shelf above the Neff in a purpose built oven housing and as such will be isolated from the oven below.

My kitchen fitting company say they have never come across this and have always fitted microwaves above an oven, be it on a shelf. My electrician says the same.

Anyone here have the definitive answer on this?

Many thanks,

John

Sponsored Links
They are just covering themselves.
If there is a shelf between oven & m/.wave (as mine is) with adequate air flow, there should not be a problem.

The problem may be that the cable supplying the power to the microwave is not heat resistant.
If the cupboard is open back then exhaust heat from the oven will rise and could damage the microwave cable.
Though this does depend on where/how the microwave cable is run.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back