Installing built-under oven: stability screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, this is my first DIY question here. I'm installing a new kitchen and, having finished most of it, I'm about to install the built-under oven. Unusually for this forum, it seems, I'm not (yet) worried by the electrical connection.

Whilst the Electrolux instructions mention the two screws (self-tapping) which should be used for stability to hold the oven sides to the cabinet, unfortunately it provides no details or diagrams which show where the screws locate into the oven sides. There are numerous pre-drilled sunken holes which are likely candidates to receive the screws, but if I shove the screws through them they could just as easily be dangerously located as be in the 'right' holes.

Is there an unwritten standard practice here, or are the instructions just as cr*p as I think they are?

Sponsored Links
If it is an oven that fits within a 600mm carcase the screws are located in the flange that overlaps the carcase. In other words they go into the front face of the carcase.

If it fits into a clear 600 space between two carcases they may well go up into the worktop.

Jason

Thanks Jason, I discovered the solution immediately after posting, no thanks to the instructions. It was just as you suggested. Oven now working just fine. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back