Installing central heating for novice

Sponsored Links
gimchee said:
How difficult is it to install a combi central heating system with eight rads? I want to attempt as much as possible. Can't pay the 3000 for a full installation, so I want to give it my best shot. Are there people out there who may have been in a similar situation, or any pros who can spare a moment and give some guidance/advice. I know I'm probablly off my head for contemplating this but I can't resist the challenge - and because my fireplaces are all bricked up!
Get rid of that stupid Location :rolleyes: and if you`re in Southern England ..You may even get a site visit :LOL: I`ve got time- but pics. from you would be helpful and also drawings+ roomsizes.......IN IMPERIAL :LOL: I like someone who thinks they may be off their head :LOL: .......You`ll have to leave All the boiler fitting and gas to a Corgi .......so firstly I`d find a corgi who will do this and sign off for you. My eMail is in my profile. Use that to correspond/ send photos etc.

Hi Nige F - I have recently moved from S Korea but I understand your point. I live in Gloucestershire and ten plumbers have quoted me between 3 and 4.7 grand.

Softus - I've stripped out the old CH, just the h/w cylinder and header tank remaining. Floor boards are loose and rooms are pretty bare due to me taking out the old stuff, so shouldn't be any hassle running the new pipes.

I found a new and boxed wall mounting gas boiler today at the place where I work. I can have it if it's any good. It's a Potterton Prima F. I did a search on the web but couldn't find any info on them, except people on forums writing that they're very unreliable. But if it does the job for a few years, I'm ok with that. Is it a combi, condenser, or what?

Raden, thanks for the info on the other website. I'll definitely pay it a visit.

I genuinely appreciate the help!

Tony

Oh Well :oops: and is your name gimchee?...........seems like people put silly places on here all the time and then you get a real one like yourself :LOL: Anyways you must get a new condensing boiler and find a corgi guy to fit/commission ........no way round it.

Sponsored Links
By law, UNLESS you fit certain requirements, you must fit a condensing boiler

No, you don't need a CORGI to fit it for you - however they try and portray their regulations.

You DO have to be competent

Nige - My name is Tony.

But just in case you were wondering, Gimchee is a delicious and very popular Korean side-dish consisting of Chineese cabage pickled in a chilli paste, garlic and other spices. It takes about half a day to make and then you're supposed to let it mature for months - but I prefer it fresh. My wife (who is Korean) can't live without it, neither can any Korean for that matter. If you'd like to try some I would be more than happy to send you a sample.

So is the Potterton prima F no good? I suppose it's an old model not meeting the SEDBUK energy efficiency rating, which would explain why it's been lying around gathering dust.

Best wishes

My wife (who is Korean) can't live without it, neither can any Korean for that matter. If you'd like to try some I would be more than happy to send you a sample.

address is at www.cetltd.com, yes please

raden said:
Softus - it's just not true
Er, yes it is.

raden said:
How do you expect me to take you seriously ?
How you do so is entirely up to you. You could do it inside a barrel tumbling down Niagara Falls, if that takes your fancy. :evil:

ChrisR said:
Raden said:
My wife (who is Korean) can't live without it
You lying git. You told me she was Indonesian!

Chris - do pay attention

it's not my fault if softus has a go at me for improper quoting, and it doesn't work

ITYF - it's the OP

but then ...

you knew that all along

OK - I'll answer without any refernce to what I'm answering
then I can't get the quotes wrong

Ha ha

Softus - this is called friendly banter

(I hope)

raden said:
Softus - this is called friendly banter
Yes it is.

But I'm confused - your post at 12:35am contained valid and correctly working quoting. Can't you just keep doing what you did then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back