Installing ceramic hob and double oven

But what happens when the mother in law and her entourage come round for a meal on Christmas day and that 30Amp fuse gives up the ghost she is going to say "Kildareking, I told you not to apply diversity when designing that cooker circuit, now look what you’ve done, what sort of husband are you, your wife is in tears, she is too good for you, the turkey is getting cold, you never liked me, I’m going home..."
On second thought...

Why would it? Does the MIL emanate some strange field that changes the thermal capacity of water or stop thermostats working, thus causing all the rings and oven to work at 100% duty cycle?

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
Unfortunately you've fallen victim to the attitude, common to many sparks, that because the OSG allows a particular diversity calculation it it virtually compulsory to use it, and that any advice or installation to the contrary is incompetent over-engineering designed to fleece the customer.

In my opinion, utter nonsense. Nobody has stated or even suggested that diversity is compulsory. The replies have given the OP some options that will comply with the regs. The reason diversity calculations exist is because they have been proven to be correct by mathematical and practical analysis, measurement and test.

Of course if budget, time and practicability allow, then there is no compulsion to allow for diversity. But Oh! The apocryphal tale of christmas day or the large family get together causes all of the elements to run on full power for hour on end so that the the breaker might trip (Has this happened to anyone on this forum, ever ??).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back