Installing downlights from ceiling rose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p34397Hi,
I am looking at replacing the ceiling rose in my bathroom (downstairs in the extension) with downlights.
I'm installing 4 x 5w LED COB IP65 lights in there. My existing light has 3 wires going into it - red, black and green. I know these are live, neutral and earth respectively. The downlights also have L, N, and E terminals in the connection blocks.
I've been reading up on here about converting the ceiling rose into downlights and there has been mention of connecting multiple junction boxes. Can I use a Surewire 6 way prewired Lighting Spur junction box as below fom Toolstation.
34397.jpg

Here is the link http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p34397
I was going to screw some 25mm x 38mm battens to the existing joists to lower the ceiling down to fix UPVC cladding to them. The recess would then house the 1.5mm twin and earth cables to the downlights.
Could I use the existing twin and earth from the ceiling rose, extend it outside of the bathroom (the bathroom door is between 2 stud walls) by running the new 1.5mm twin and earth along the ceiling and through the stud wall, into the junction box above which would be screwed to the wall outside of the bathroom? Then I'd take 4 lots of 1.5mm twin and earth from the junction box above, through the stud wall, along the ceiling into my 4 new downlights?
Would that be OK?
Also, I have a pull switch in the bathroom for the light. I'd like to relocate it to a normal lightswitch outside the bathroom on the wall. Do I just use a junction box to extend the wiring from the pull switch using a junction box with new 1.5mm twin and earth and just connect it to the new switch? If I can, what amp does the junction box need to be and what type? Like a chocbox?
Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to give as much information as possible.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Carl

Sponsored Links
So why are you using 1.5mm twin and earth when 1.0mm is all that is required?
Also why do you want to put the bathroom switch outside the bathroom? Seems like a disaster waiting to happen when someone turns the light off when you are in the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back