Wiring downlights from a ceiling rose

simon/Prentice, got box - don't want to mess it up now....

Am I putting light in and out on circuit one side of box, and switch and lamp holder other side?

what terminals does the switch live/live go into??

It does not really matter providing you keep the blocks of the same type.
The technique of terminating the cables, will be to strip a little more of then you would normal expect, about 15mm of bare copper.
Then using a flat headed screwdriver press the head of the connector down and push the cable in, so no exposed copper, release head and check cable has gripped.
You will also need to nip a bit of the cable entry knock-outs off, normally just the bottom knock-out at cable grips is enough.

Sponsored Links
It does not really matter providing you keep the blocks of the same type.
Indeed. I've just looked at one, and the markings are actually a bit confusing L1 is lablled "L" on the casing and L2 is labelled "Loop" - which is probably the opposite of what I suggested in my recent post - but, as you say, it doesn't matter, provided the appropriate conductors go into same block of terminals.
The technique of terminating the cables, will be to strip a little more of then you would normal expect, about 15mm of bare copper.
As you know, there are detailed instructions moulded onto the inside of the case. FWIW, they say to strip 11mm.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
All in working order:!: Ah! but have you proved it is safe:?: You should not be energising electrical work until you have gone through the correct procedures of inspection and testing.
Always a valid comment.
You should really be having one of these completed. https://www.elecsa.co.uk/Documents/...Minor-Works-Certificate-(1).aspx[/QUOTE]Again true. However, I'd be very interested to know for what what proportion of electrical DIY jobs a MWC (or EIC) is completed - although I could guess!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back