installing downstairs toilet - venting stack question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am putting in a downstairs toilet but it doesn't connect to the existing vented stack that my upstairs toilet connects to. Instead the waste pipe runs under the floor directly to the inspection chamber of the sewer where the current stack connects to.

The new toilet waste pipe is about 3 meters from the toilet to the base of the inspection chamber and the lowest part of the toilet ubend is about 60cm higher than the base of the inspection chamber.

My question is, do I need to install a vented stack for the new toilet? I can do this with a durgo and some 110mm pipe in the downstairs toilet (above highest appliance flood level and boxed in) but it takes up a lot of space in such a small area. If I don't need to vent it then I save precious space

What are your thoughts guys?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
That would be Approved Document H:

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_AD_H_2010.pdf
See page 7 (or page 9 of Adobe Reader)

Also see page 11 (13 of Adobe Reader) if you have a washbasin there.

No vent stack required

Also consider a WC connector with a waste point for a basin (others available)
http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/wc-...length-rigid-wc-connector-with-vent-boss.html would need an anti-vac trap on the basin

However, if your drains are subject to flooding then you actually need a full vented stack (not a durgo).

Magic, Thank you Blagard.

So as my new toilet floor is less than 1.3m above the base of the drain (sewer) it won't need to have a vented stack and i'll get one of those WC connectors with the vent boss to connect the sink to and get a trap for the sink with an AAV on correct?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back