Installing Immersion Heater

dobetterev0.jpg

Sponsored Links
use silicone grease around the cylinder boss and carefully screw the new immersion heater in by hand first. then give it about 1/2 a turn with an immersion heater spanner. if when re-filling you get a slight dribble-give it another 1/4 turn. that should do it!

ChrisR....have your sawn through the thread??!!.......was this an example of how not to do it? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Done it all now..and no leaks as advised used the silicone sealant and all working like dream. Grate to have a hot shower after two days of sold ones.:cool:
Thank you all who have been posting with help hints & tips.

Now to find a man to look at the boiler it is Potterton Suprima 50. Does anyone know of a Corgi chap in North London? :p Dont think I can tackle this one! :LOL:

Seco said:
what you on about ?
Wake up, it's your picture with your name removed, or didn't you notice?
Took several seconds to do.
Put your name across the bigger features to make it harder.

Powell30 - it's all Seco's work. Cutting into the thread a little doesn't matter though, it isn't the thread which seals.

"Agile" = Tony is N London, westish.

i know it my pic
i didn't know what you had done.

what do you mean put ya name across the bigger features.
i don't see how you do it.

not that i put it their for any real reason.

thats an old cylinder in my garage anyway just showing him about cutting them out.

Well I assume you put your name there to claim some sort of rights or recognition!
I see you've now deleted the pics - is that to stop copying?

If you want your name to be hard to remove, don't put it in a bland sort of area where big retouching blobs can lose the name. If you put it on the more important features, like I did with the red writing, it's much harder to remove.
Reminder, as it's gone:
temprq9.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back