installing mains electricity into new build

BTW the sites I have in question are just hard standing ground and I wish to fit about 2-3 porter cabins on them, so All I need is A set of mains plugs I can just run an extension lead from

You will need a meter as well and a contract to pay an electricity supplier for the electricity used. The DNO is not an electricity supplier. The DNO only transports ( along their cables ) the electricity you take from your chosen supplier.

I would suggest that you be less offensive about people you will need to deal with. They will help people who are polite. They may be ( far ) less helpful to people who are posting comment like this on a forum that DNO staff could be reading....

I just don't like the idea of phoning an 08 number and weighting in a queue for hrs and ending up talking to some !£$%&#@

And by the way,

All I need is A set of mains plugs

you can buy mains plugs in hardware shops.

Sponsored Links
My DNO is WPD and both of the numbers I have for them in my phone are 0800 so no issue there

I would suggest that you be less offensive about people you will need to deal with.

My DNO were a delight to deal with; i asked for three supplies and they said "you would be better with one three phase one then split it in the lobby to 3 meters for the 3 properties" - cheaper for you and easier for us!

My water authority on the other hand, are a completely different kettle of fishheads. They're currently telling me that the supply pipe to a house must be 25mm but the supply to a flat is 32mm or larger

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back