installing new boiler

...I think you can get the best advice if you visit the some of the government websites related to registered engineer.
Don't count on it.
The only half useful site is gassaferegister, but a lot of information is wrong, and a lot what should be there is missing; it is a mess.
If you limit info to webaccess, the forum is probably your best source if you only consider what is said by RGI's. They are knowledgeable, and not bothered by political correctness or deniability like government websites.

Sponsored Links
I do agree with you, but government websites are not that bad. They give lot of useful information. But forums are good, but trusting the forums is like taking some risk. We can't believe that everything is forums is correct.

Rahul

Thanks gents, don,t want to cause upset in the camp, but having hadseveral "engineers" out, most have had to either phone vokera tech sevices, which I have done several times, very helpful, or someone else.The last one, as I said came and left after 1.5 hours, giving up and leaving several screws out, plus being tha most abusive person I have encountered in the trade.The one prior to him, six months ago worked in a bank three months before attending my boiler, I have had other really good ones,they are few and far between. Knowing ones own limit is better than on someone who has the paperwork but no practical experience. Sometimes the law is an ass. They cannot even state what a "competent" person is, few of the men i mentioned certainly do not fall into that category.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back