Installing New Code 4 Lead Flashing - What's the right way to install it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

Can someone please explain what is the right processes of installing new code lead flashing against a cemented parapet wall?

Current there’s poor pours cement flashing against the cemented parapet wall and around the chimney stack which is causing a leak into the roof.

Also the felt inside is torn an I can see water marks below below a few tiles - does that mean the tile is broken or just need repositioning ?

I have vermin issues coming from the rear and front back.

I was Recommwded using expanding foam to fill in the gaps under tiles and around the gutter areas from outside. Any recommendations on how to seal the roof would be great ?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm sorry, I can't help with the lead.
But, I have had issues with vermin!

You may have been recommended expanding foam, but mice quite like to eat it!
It may put them off from coming in, but if they want to get through it, they can.

Alternatively, you can fill the gap with some wire wool, and then use the foam to surround it. This is apparently quite unpalatable to them!

Filling up any ventilation gaps in the loft is also a bad idea. If you have vents, you could cover them with a stainless steel mesh, something like:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pack-Stainless-Steel-RODENT-Airbricks/dp/B0743H3LN5

I hope that helps :)

Last edited:
pics from both sides of the parapt and chimney stack would help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back