Installing new electric cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New Zanussi cooker from Currys could not be installed by them as my old one had been installed by Seeboard with the cable connected from the cooker
directly into the cooker power point.
There now has to be another point behind the cooker?
The space where my cooker fits there was a door which has studwork so there is a wooden panel, is this a problem to fit this additional point?

suzytoo

Sponsored Links
You could take the existing cable from the cooker switch to an outlet directly behind the cooker (presuming that the cable is of the correct size) and then connect from there into your cooker, if that what the regulations require.
Personally I'd be happy going straight into the existing switch as before.
John :)

You could take the existing cable from the cooker switch to an outlet directly behind the cooker (presuming that the cable is of the correct size) and then connect from there into your cooker, if that what the regulations require.
Personally I'd be happy going straight into the existing switch as before.

Only thing is I dont have an outlet at the back of my cooker and they said one has to be installed for reg purposes. Also behind my cooker is wood panel where door used to be?

Fair enough, if thats what the regs require, then so be it.
A cooker connector fits into its own back box called a patress, and I reckon this could be installed in that timber panel.
It could be worthwhile reposting your query in the electrical section and see what the sparky's say!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back