Installing new Kitchen Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to fit these taps:
www.deva.org.uk/products/other/commercial/cross-handle/show/cross-handle-sink-taps
They are near identical to the old Pegler taps which I'm finding difficult to find replacement valves for.

However, the taps state they have Screw in Tails

Does this mean something like these: https://evergreengoodsstore.com/ind...MI7ICqxfHy4AIV2I2zCh1BqAXOEAQYASABEgLXfvD_BwE
can be screwed directly into the base of the taps ?

The pipework under the sink looks to be 15mm; so, would I use standard bore Isolation valves ?
Currently, there's no Isolation Valves or flexi pipes fitted.

Sponsored Links
The tap probably comes with the flexi tails. Make sure you screw them in hand tight.

The other end needs to be fitted to either a 15mm to 1/2 adaptor or the top of an isolator although isolators tend to have a sharper edge than the adaptors.

ktuludays.... Thanks for your reply.
The tap data sheet states only 2 taps, 2 washers, 2 backnuts supplied, no flexi tails mentioned.

So, the term "Screw in Tails" means exactly that, the Flexi tails screw into the base of the taps ?

I did intend to connect the flexi tail female connectors directly to the top to the Isolator valves, is this not recommended; should 1/2 to 15mm adaptors ?

Sponsored Links
However, the taps state they have Screw in Tails
The taps linked to have a straight half inch threaded shank,your existing taps should have the same and same length.

To save your self time,cash & the chance of leaving water leaks,just fit the new taps directly onto the existing tap connectors under the sink. You will need a couple of half inch fiber washers but buy a 5 pack.

Currently, there's no Isolation Valves or flexi pipes fitted.
For the job your doing,they are optional :cautious:

H&C

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

I know the use of tails and iso valves isnt really necessary.
I only planned to use them so to update and to tidy up appearance under the sink; current pipework to taps has turned black n green.

Although, I'm the only one to look there, now I know what it looks like, after 30 years, I prefer it to look more hygienic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back