Installing new shower

CallEdsFirst said:
blackbob said:
was asking for advise so i don't get ripped of and know in advance of what is needed.

Ignorance is not always bliss.

I have to say, on this occasion, it would appear that the OP is looking for the whys and wherefores and not just the "patronisation" that it's "obvious" what he needs to do!

Eh?

How can you construe a quote of....
blackbob said:
was asking for advise so i don't get ripped of and know in advance of what is needed. Ignorance is not always bliss.

....as meaning: "looking for the whys and wherefores" ??

And why are you quoting the word "obvious" as though I have said it when I haven't ?

So in this instance, following advice that I gave...
"Underrated cable, outdated impractical consumer unit with limited future and, no RCD...Common sense and good practise dictate upgrade both CU and Cable.. Oh and Supplementary bonding of course. Lets not try and suggest anything otherwise, I wouldn't anyway"
(I admit that the phrase "common sense" is misplaced here, I meant in in terms of a person with a moderate level of knowledge in domestic electrical installations, not the lay person, I apologise for any offence caused)

...the OP is in a position of knowing he needs an additional consumer uniit (or replacement) to provide RCD protection and he needs to upgrade the cable and supplementary bond the bathroom if not already done.

He may require further info, and has indeed asked the pertinent questions about the size of CU, what mcbs are required etc. but he now has:

a) the advice he sought, and
b) he's less likely to be ripped off, since he knows in advance what he is likely to be quoted for.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back