Electric showers running off the same circuit?

The latter. It would be impossible for one user to usurp power from the other until the first user has turned off their isolator with a simple 2 contactor system. An interlock system still isn't ideal, but most people would probably prefer not to have to pay for a supply upgrade.

As per the drawing I did above. Agreed, it's not ideal but it overcomes the need for two large electric showers in one property. God knows why somebody would want that arrangement though.

Sponsored Links
I could see this thread going like this......

It is nearly an absurd idea to go to all the trouble and expense of a contactor controlled circuit for two domestic shows.

You need to look at the bigger picture. Diversity has a role to play, and diveristy figures in the regs err so far on the side of caution that most domestic houses these days would need a 300amp supply!

How many houses have you seen with two showers in, and never a problem? I have seen more than I can recall.

All you guys who spout on about contactor control circuits......have you ever installed one, or seen one installed? Highly doubtful.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back