Installing outside tap - Help!

yerino said:
They are not the same size :) As I have both infront of me and there is quite a difference :)
Whatever. :rolleyes:

I use the big bore quarter turn valves for instances like hot water to a bath.
That's nice.

With mains the pressure is so great you can use a "mini-valve" as I call it or a ball operated valve as you call it!
At no time in the history of my entire existence have I used that term, nor will I ever use it. :rolleyes:

Mains header tank in the attic... Cold mains coming in THROUGH a mini-valve!
Rather than going AROUND the valve, presumably.

Sponsored Links
yerino said:
With mains the pressure is so great you can use a "mini-valve" as I call it or a ball operated valve as you call it!

So the internal bore of the fitting will have no negative effect on flowrate then?

Pressure and flow are two entirely seperate things.

20l/min at 1 bar will get you a hell of a lot wetter than 1 l/min at 20bar...

Sponsored Links
Only planet-polluting lower life forms would fit one of these
p1066545_l.jpg

on an outside tap. Even the WRAS approved ones (most aren't) are not suitable.

Perfectly acceptable isolation valves, no need for the dramatics of the above ridiculous suggestions unless it was in a commercial setting. ;)
for domestic use they are more than adequate :rolleyes:

Not for me they're not! I like to know that something can be isolated without having to drain the whole sodd1ng system down because the service valve was fitted by a *****.

Another thing that really p1sses me off is having to spend more time preparing/finishing a job than the actual job itself.

"Dan_Robinson"]Not for me they're not!

Sorry, I shall alert the media & have them withdrawn immediately. ;)
Best whip down to B&Q & Wickes, have them clean off their shelves. What do you monkeys use when fitting wash basins/ toilets etc :?:
Don`t make me laugh.

Peglar Bulldogs. If they need to be less intrusive the handles come off and the valve turned 180 degrees. Handles then either put back on or taped to the pedestal.

Next.

Dan_Robinson said:
Peglar Bulldogs. If they need to be less intrusive the handles come off and the valve turned 180 degrees. Handles then either put back on or taped to the pedestal.

Next.

Like to see that under a bath, next to a toilet, or under a washbasin. you`re full of it. Next.

In a minute you`ll be telling me you don`t use flexis or Hep 2o :rolleyes:

Oh but I do, and I can honestly say that I use Bulldobg valves on everything I can.

I can't even remember when I last bought one of those ball-a-fix pieces of sh1te.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to be in Brick Lane at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

Dan_Robinson said:
Oh but I do, and I can honestly say that I use Bulldobg valves on everything I can.

I can't even remember when I last bought one of those ball-a-fix pieces of sh1te.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to be in Brick Lane at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

You are excused.

O dear, O dear.. you old school plumbers!! What ever shall we do with you...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back