installing pipework under/in insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to run hot/cold supply+waste+electric to kitchen island.

Currently got a level concrete floor and am planning 75mm insulation/UFH/ 65mm screed.

As its level I am planning on using a Saniviye pump for waste.

Whats the best way to achieve this?

I found this link but wondered if anyone had a better suggestion.

http://www.ukselfbuild.com/content/view/70/44/

Thanks for Advice

Sponsored Links
One of these bad boys will give you a fall...
32447_APC_f800.jpg

Sponsored Links
Nearest drain point is 5m. With 40mm pipe for sink and dishwasher not enough me thinks.

Open to suggestions though.

Nearest drain point is 5m. With 40mm pipe for sink and dishwasher not enough me thinks.

Open to suggestions though.

I'm assuming that your current sink is nearby ans waste goes out through an exterior wall and runs down to that drain point, surface mounted to an exterior wall?
How deep is the drain? Can you not trench it?

Use 50mm and give it an 80mm fall. Will work fine and dandy.
80mm fall is 16mm per metre, which is less than BR give as a minimum, and you're proposing to do this over a longer distance than BR give as the maximum distance? Sounds like a recipe for blockages to me

I know its just outside the minimum recommended. But have done them lower and no issues.
On a straight run it will be fine.

Thanks for advice. The run I need is 4.7m I know the maximum is 4m for 50mm pipe but I could just about get a 1:55 fall or 20mm per metre in. As its a straight run it might work if I can get it past building control.

Might be a problem as I would have to run it through the screed and insulation top to bottom and would have to reroute my UFH around it.

Any observations on the above point? I.e. Is 20mm drop per metre over 4.7m with 50mm pipe ok? I will probably fit an anti syphon trap as well.
Thanks

Any observations on the above point? I.e. Is 20mm drop per metre over 4.7m with 50mm pipe ok? I will probably fit an anti syphon trap as well.
Thanks

It's all down to what building control want. Other than that, who knows if it'll remain problem free for years to come! Unless you have provision for rodding, it could come back to bite you on the arse!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back